This post is also available in: Română (Romanian)
Winter weather is not fun for skin. Cold weather and low humidity levels result in dry air, which then steals moisture away from the skin every second of every day.
Without immediate care, dry skin can lead to cracking and bleeding.
Harsh winter wind makes the problem worse. Indoor heat further robs the air of moisture, as do hot showers or baths and harsh cleansers.
Additional moisture helps, but you need to do more to actually counteract these effects and keep skin looking youthful and smooth. To reduce chapping, redness, itching, and keep skin more healthy and comfortable this season, try some helpful tips. Because differences in temperature and lack of moisture can give you serious headaches.
Let me tell you what help me give my skin the comfort it deserves:
- Because heating radiators leads to dry skin, a humidifier can help regulate the humidity. It emits water vapors. If you will leave it on overnight you’ll soon feel the benefits.
- Even if it’s cold, sun sees you. Moreover, in winter we have to deal with the sidewalk wet reflections of ice or snow. Apply a cream with a protection before leaving the house.
- Stimulating blood circulation and cell regeneration are important in the cold season. Choose a gentle exfoliating product. By removing dead cells, your skin will not only clean, but will get a healthy look.
- Choose a face cream with a greasy texture, rich in amino acids and antioxidants, and vitamins that fight the effects of pollution.
- Remember to use a fatty cream for hands. They need special attention in winter.
- Apply oils containing glycerin on wet skin after showering. The nutrients are absorbed better if the skin is wet, restoring skin protective film.
- We tend to drink less water in the winter because we turn to hot drinks like cocoa and tea, but don’t forget that your skin needs hydration from the inside, out. A little warm water with lemon can be very refreshing and hydrating at the same time.
- Homemade hydrating masks can provide needed moisture in the winter months. Use natural moisturising ingredients like honey, avocado, yogurt, olive and jojoba oils, almond oil, bananas, and aloe. Mix what you like together to create a cream or paste, and leave on skin for 10-30 minutes for lasting hydration.
- Another amazing remedy can be and is honey. You just have to apply honey on your skin and do some massage. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash it with luke warm water. Keep repeating it thrice in a week and you will see the result.
- Get used to wearing gloves and scarves to protect skin from cold winds, rain, and snow. Also, don’t forget the sunscreen. Winter sun can be just as damaging as summer sun, so apply a safe option like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide to any exposed areas.
- Almonds and milk are rich when it comes to vitamins. Almonds contain vitamin E which helps skin from the sun’s darkening rays. What you need to do is just make a paste by soaking 5 almonds in water and in morning peel off their skin and make a paste by mixing 1 tablespoon of raw milk. Apply that paste on your skin and wash it after 20 mins. This paste will help you getting a fair and soft skin in winter.
- Cleansers can be extremely drying to the skin. Change your cleanser and apply a hydrating toner and moisturizer to seal in moisture.