This post is also available in: Română (Romanian)
I am with coconut oil like the dad in “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” is with windex 🙂
I use it for everything because it is one of the most versatile and healthiest substances!
This tropical oil is rich in fats, bringing many benefits to the body.
Let me tell you why I love it and how I use it:
1. Hair. This oil can be used as a nourishing hair mask if you want to try a simple home treatment. You can apply it on your hair before going to sleep and wash your hair the next morning. It leaves your hair shiny and silky.
2. Skin. It moisturizes and nourishes the skin naturally and effectively. Its natural antioxidant properties help in stopping wrinkles and skin irritation.
3. Good tract. The high concentration of fats in coconut oil makes it useful for digestion. Antimicrobial properties can help in various intestinal infections.
4. Good source of healthy fats. Over 50% of fat coconut oil is the same lauric acid present in milk. In fact, coconut oil is the richest source of lauric acid after milk.
5. Focus and mental performance. Adding coconut oil in a beverage consumed in the morning can help improve mental performance all day.
6. Hormones. Using wrongly various types of fat hormones can wreak. Coconut oil contains specific fat, which support the natural hormone production in the body.
7. Immune system. Lauric acid has anti-fungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties, that make it good for the immune system.
8. Antioxidant & natural antibiotic. It works as an antimicrobial agent against bacteria and viruses. A diet rich in virgin coconut oil helps reduce stress.
9. It helps in weight loss. Coconut oil helps in the loss of up to 120 calories a day. It also decreases the risk of heart disease or other illnesses, such as diabetes or stroke.
10. Works against neurological diseases. Coconut oil fatty acids have been studied as potential therapeutic agents in Alzheimer’s disease. Another therapeutic application is to treat epilepsy in children.