This post is also available in: Română (Romanian)
Ever wondered why you feel the way you do, or do the things you do? The way your mind functions has a lot to do with the way you are, and the things you do. It’s amazing how every ‘unique’ mind, at some level, functions similarly.
Here are some facts about our psychic that are a clear indication of why things happen to us the way they do and justify our reactions for the same. These might just solve the puzzle that you are:
1. People are happiest when they are busy. That helps them remain optimistic.
2. Happiness, anger, sadness, fear, disgust and surprise are only six universal emotions that can express all over the world.
3. Eating chocolate releases the same chemicals in the body that is secreted when we are in love.
4. People are more honest when they are tired.
5. In a brief hug, only 25 seconds, the body releases chemicals that strengthen confidence in the person you hug.
6. Studies show that losing your mobile phone generates a panic similar to that caused by a life-threatening experience.
7. When you think in another language, people tend to be more logical.
8. No blind person has ever been diagnosed with schizophrenia.
9. High school students today suffer the same level of anxiety as patients of psychiatrists in the 50s.
10. The brain registers pain as rejection.
11. About 30% of the time, our thoughts fly elsewhere.
12. The clearest memories we have are probably wrong.
13. Even the illusion of progress motivates people.
14. Internet addiction has been declared mental illness.
15. There is really no such thing as multi-tasking.
16. Our unconscious is the one who knows and decides first.
17. People can bind authentic relations with about 150 people.
18. When we remember a past event, we actually remember the last time we remembered it. We do not remember the event itself, but its memory.
19. People with low self-esteem are generally violent.
20. 80% of people’s conversations are about discontent.
21. People who volunteer are more satisfied with their lives.
22. The human brain is more creative when it is tired.
23. Relations between people are more beneficial to health than sport.