This post is also available in: Română (Romanian)
A little bit of glitz and glam, some sequins & glitter is something most of us ladies and girlies want. Don’t we at the back of our mind expect to look sequinned and sparkled sometimes and bring in a fresh whiff of style in our boring dress sense?
This is where the sequin skirt outfit adds the shining quotient to you, literally and figuratively. The sequin skirt can be worn on the streets and special occasions. Just accessorise it by wearing suitable tops and fashion accessories such as shoes and handbags and bingo you are the Queen.
Though sequin skirt fashion has been a party season favourite, but this shining separate doubles up well for daywear.
What really catches everyone’s eyes? Yes, sequins and glitters! This embellishment practically defines women’s style, which makes her look sophisticated, sparkling and glamor disco.
There was a time when I resented the sight of a sequined outfit.
Then I said, “Well, maybe…” when it came to an occasion and I wanted to shine.
These days, however, I have to confess I like glitter during the day and I don’t feel like it is too much.
Well, never say never when it comes to fashion.
But even if you normally avoid sparkling outfits or bright accessories, with holiday parties you can’t do without. 🙂
As I said, it’s all about proportions. Measure is the key. 🙂
- Avoid excess shine by using simple black accesories.
- You may wear a black metal jacket on your shoulder. I find it elegant and edgy at the same time and an excellent option if you want to add some glow without looking like a Christmas tree.
- You can also accessorise a simple outfit with a shiny belt. This way, you emphasise your shapes.
- Wear an extremely elegant black suit and match some metallic stilettos or fine gold sandals. It seems a very sexy choice.
- You may have 1-2 shining pieces on one outfit. More could be too much.
- Sequins, beads and everything shiny are usually girlie. Which is why I find it seductive mixing them with a male piece: male black pants or a jacket worn over a white shirt.
- I prefer items with small sequins.
- Turn up the glam quotient in parties wearing a maxi length sequin skirt outfit and bustier top.
- Create contrast. Pairing something uber-glam, like a sequinned jacket, with something totally casual, like distressed jeans, is a totally modern way to do sparkle.
- Don’t get carried away with the glam factor.
- If looking super glamorous is on your mind, yet look down to earth, then a sequin maxi skirt will be enough to give you the desired appeal and vibrancy.
- Black can never be out of fashion. A black sequin skirt gives you a new sense of joy – an understated look. When you match black sequin skirt with black tights, a black shirt and a black blazer, you can be surely called the Black Magic Woman!
Stripes are your best friends since they can be worn in any size, shape and form and also they match up well with every other outfit. So just wear your favourite striped t-shirt with a sequin pencil skirt.
Whether you have a pink sequin skirt or a colourful sequin skirt, whether it is a sequin short skirt or a sequin maxi skirt, just make sure that you pair it correctly and choose the right accessories so that you nail the sequins look perfectly.
Use your imagination and do not forget to wear sequins & glitter with attitude!