This post is also available in: Română (Romanian)
I love summer. I love nature and love people.
Parties in nature are one of my summer pleasures.
Garden parties have the refined ambience, with a picturesque backdrop and plenty of sun.
It may take place from morning until late afternoon, when the sun is high in the sky or close to dusk.
If the party is casual, we can let the fantasy fly regarding outfit.
If formal, we need to take care to observe the dress code imposed.
- Avoid fancy materials; the satin, silk keep them for the evening.
- Choose fabrics: chiffon, linen, cotton.
- Avoid loading your outfit with accessories, sequins, beads. Keep it simple!
- I recommend you choose prints like floral, abstract, geometric and avoid the animal print.
- You do not want to look like a jungle beast in such picturesque surroundings, right? 🙂
- Avoid wearing clothes that are too tight or too loose. If you sweat, everyone will know. 🙂
- Choose bright colors, bright pastels.
- If the party takes place on grass, avoid high heels (if you have the sense of ridicule and you do not want any sprain) 🙂
- You can choose flats, sandals or platforms.
- Choose cat-eye glasses and a hat for a chic air. (Or a lace umbrella if you have the attitude and the romantic condition for a vintage look) 🙂
- Kimono dresses are a good choice for a garden party; palazzo pants too.
- A pleated maxi dress is always flattering the silhouette, looking feminine and versatile.
- Hair and makeup should be fresh, soft and bright.
Enjoy the sun in style!